Our goal is to ensure that you can easily keep track of your funds in Amazon and Payability. As working with us means that most of your funds now flow through your Payability account, we have some best practices to help you keep track.
Ensure that our system picked up all shipped sales from Amazon
- You can see the sales that our system picked up each day on your Daily Summary
- Simply put, the Receivables Funded are all positive numbers on Amazon and the Selling Platform Charges are all negative numbers on Amazon.
- If you want to review the details, click on either Receivables Funded or Selling Platform Charges to open the Transaction Details report. This will give you a breakdown of all the transactions for that day.
- When you click the Export button in the top right corner, you will get an excel spreadsheet with those same transactions. In the excel spreadsheet, you can see the order numbers and transaction type in more detail and sum up the transactions. Note that this report includes all transactions from Amazon, including Open Invoices. Further, this report may include transactions from the previous day as well as the day.
- To see those same transactions on your Amazon account, we recommend using the date range reports (Reports > Payments > Date Range Reports).
- Click “Generate Report”, select “Custom” and select the date that is the same as the Marketplace Date on Payability.
- Click “Generate” and open the excel spreadsheet. When you sum up all positive amounts in that report, it will give you the same total as Receivables Funded, when you sum up all negative amounts, it will give you the same total as Selling Platform Charges. Note that the date range report will not include Open Invoices. If you have Open Invoices that were picked up by Payability that day, you will see that the numbers on your Payability account deviate by the amount of the Open Invoices transactions and any same-day transactions, see point 4.
You can see a video on steps 1-4 here.
Read more on how to reconcile your account on a higher level here.